For more than 40 years, Plevin & Gallucci has fought on behalf of Ohioans when they are injured. We remain as dedicated to our service today as we did when we began. Our attorneys are ready to put their experience to work to get you justice.
Do you need an injury attorney? This article will tell you:
- what a personal injury lawyer does,
- what the attorneys in Cleveland can do for victims of personal injury, and
- how much compensation an individual can expect to receive from a personal injury case.
How Can a Personal Injury or Workers’ Compensation Attorney Help Me?
It’s important to remember that there is a statute of limitations regarding how long a victim has to submit a claim for workers’ compensation or personal injury. As of September 29, 2017, in Ohio, the statute of limitations for workers’ compensation claims is now only one year.
Conducting a thorough investigation of your accident, including questioning witnesses are two key benefits to hiring a lawyer. Through the investigation, a lawyer can determine if your accident was due to negligence, which is the intentional or avoidable result of an accident, such an not properly maintaining equipment.
According to OSHA, employers have a responsibility to keep their workers as safe as possible.
A few examples include but are not limited to:
- Employers must make sure that conditions conform to all OSHA guidelines and standards.
- Safety training must be provided in a language that all employees can understand.
- All workplace equipment and tools must be safe and properly maintained.
- Employers must use a variety of methods, such as signs or labels, to warn workers of potential on-the-job hazards.
- These are just a few of the safety precautions that employers are required to take. Sometimes, however, these standards are not met and injuries occur. An experienced lawyer can determine exactly what type of negligence took place and the steps to take to build a strong case for their client.
Get in touch with our Cleveland office by calling (216) 861-0804 or by filling out the form to the right.
Our attorneys have decades of experience and in-depth expertise in these areas of law:
Where We’re Located in Cleveland
Our office and driving directions are as follows:
55 Public Square Ste 2222
Cleveland, OH 44113
Map and Driving Directions
Cleveland Injury Attorneys: Who are we?